Tuesday, July 4, 2006

If you run away now, will you come back around?

All within a single month's time there have been a handful of significant souls erased from my fast paced and ever changing life. A few were displaced because of bad manners and raging tempers, a couple left on their own after realizing they were never intended to collide with the likes of mine, and then in the middle of there and here, one very valuable and irreplaceable soul, decided its time to run far away from life, departing and starting anew in a safer, unlived environment. Who says you can't try to avoid those everyday speedbumps that might slow the clouds and sunsets down just a tad?

The first four souls I have realized have always and will always be bad news in today and tomorrows headlines. The front page of "my life" becomes even clearer of the voices that need to be eliminated from voicemails and words that need to be erased from hungry texts and lifeless letters. The ones that I've known will never make a mark, an impression, or make me a better person. And the others that will never be good enough or smart enough to live a block away from my heart.

Somehow in the midst of negative thoughts, some being up above and in my heart knows the path I'm destined to sprint along and is making it very straight forward the precise angle and direction I'm allegedly moving. Still, one of the most crucial and significant souls to participate in my daily functions and spuratic meltdowns is leaving to change the background scenery up a bit. With this drastic move about to take place, my world starts crumbling to the ground in huge chunks, barely stopping to break apart and turn into grains of sand. Never have I felt so cold and alone, and this is only the beginning. I have simply heard the news, the actual travel will take place a few weeks down the road.

Don't read too deep, no ones implying that this is goodbye. For one its merely hello and the other a whispering "I'll miss you!" I can't seem to express the correct emotions to display what my heart is internally feeling. Tears fall but what do they really accomplish? Papers seem to be thrown everywhere crumpled on the floor and next to the overflowing trash can. My words seem worthless, nothing intelligent is flowing from my mind to my fingers. I can't convey how the words "I miss you" is only half the story. The other half is the realization that 2 hours away turned into 2 days away, and one quick sentence changed the way I'm looking at how to live for tomorrow.

No comments: